4-Day Dental Implant Course
Dental Implant Course, Alberta
Header Content Region
Insert text, image or banner ads here, or just delete this text and leave this area blank!
This site is specifically designed for Dentists, Denturists, and other Dental Professionals only. The website contains images of surgical procedures. Patients looking for general dental information about Dental Implants, or the Leigh Smile Center, should visit www.leighsmilecenter.com
Implant Smiles Made Simple TM
A Surgical and Prosthetics Success Program
The Courses are designed to give the Dentist practitioner an overall and thorough evaluation of Dental Implant procedures. A 'continuous' approach to education is imperative; and progressive steps in degrees of complexity are strongly recommended to protect patients, ensure success, and minimize legal ramifications.
Dr. Leigh is the Founder and Director of the Western Implant Training Center teaching facility. Backed by a fully qualified and certified Dental Surgical Team, Dr. Leigh has performed both the Implant surgery and prosthetic phases for thousands of Implant cases.
Whether a Dentist prefers to do the prosthetics and work with an experienced Implant Dentist (General Dentist or Specialist) to place the implants, or perform both the surgical and prosthetic aspects him/herself, Western Implant Training will blend both the didactic and clinical experiences to provide a broad understanding of Implant procedures.
Dental Implant treatment is a 'Team approach', and our Course is designed for you to bring your own team with you ... from your front desk personnel, to your own assistant or lab technician. Our Dental Assistant Staff (Implant Certified) can provide your team with the skills to evaluate potential implant patients, market dental implants to your patients, or add valuable revenue to your practice. Many of our participants have brought their own patient, so that they can return to their practice to start the restorative case. The Course is PACE approved, constituting 36 CE hours over the 4 Day period. The Western Implant Training Center is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership, and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a State or Provincial Board of Dentistry. The current term of approval extends from 1/1/2015 to 12/31/2017. Provider ID number (#313765).
The Course is limited to two Dentists and their Staff (2 Staff per Dentist), in order that participants have a more personalized learning experience.
Below are some of the important aspects of the Course:
* Live Surgeries (Over the Shoulder)
* Hands-on Workshops
* Live Prosthetics
* Over Half a Million Digital Implant Photos
* Hundreds of Organized Implant Case 'PowerPoint' Presentations
* Computer Guided Implant Surgery
* Computerized Implant Case Planning with CBCT Scan-Generated Surgical Guides
* iCat 3D Imaging for Case planning
40 CE Hours
Much of what will be presented in the 4-Day Total Immersion Course will provide participants, or their staff, with knowledge of the following, and allow Participants to:
* Confidently offer Dental Implants as a treatment modality
* Apply fundamental and comprehensive biomechanical principles in surgical protocol
* Describe classification of bone availability and alternatives for various bone densities
* Understand the use of various implants and their indications
* Appreciate the principles in surgical placement and sterile techniques
* Confidently speak to Implant Company representatives to secure a brand of implants
* Maintain proper documentation for medical/legal purposes
* Implement Staff training to aid in 'time management'
* Integrate sterile technique into your practice without adding a surgical operatory
* Close more cases with patient treatment acceptance
* Select abutments for final prosthesis
* Understand the steps of transfer impressions, and relay the information to your laboratory
* Apply techniques learned to deliver with confidence a final definitive implant prosthesis
* Be able to select implant patients based on medical history
* Understand the principles for placing and restoring maxillary anterior implants
* Recognize and deal with failing implants and complications that may arise
* Implement proper follow-up and hygiene maintenance programs
* Apply simple bone grafting principles
* Incorporate immediate loading and progressive loading in the implant site
* Confidently restore areas that have less than ideal interocclusal space
* Use Locater Abutments when indicated
* Understand the difference between implant occlusion and natural dentition
* Be able to create your own Dental Implant Team
* Understand indications for using screw retained vs. cement retained restorations
* Treatment plan for poor density bone
* Confidently place multiple implants in all areas of the Maxillae or mandible
* Apply correct techniques when immediate loading is indicated
* Understand and apply principles of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) in bone grafting and healing
* Select correct membranes and graft materials
* Understand bone biology as applied to grafting, placement, healing, and maintenance
* Treatment plan extremely complex implant / grafting cases to 'make a profit'
* Understand when, where, and why CBCT ? CT Scans apply to your patient's case
* Confidently perform full mouth Implant reconstruction / restoration successfully
* Apply Sinus Augmentation principles for placing maxillary implants with success
* Understand the principles of Nerve Repositioning, and the inherent risks and benefits
* Apply Osteotome techniques, and select the correct Osteotome kit for your office
* Learn to deal with the severely atrophic mandible by utilizing autogenous bone grafting (Hip Graft), or small length, wider implants
All participants will receive a USB Flash Drive containing numerous PowerPoint Presentations, photos, necessary office forms, etc.
For COURSE FEES, please see our DENTIST COURSE REGISTRATION PAGE.
PLEASE NOTE: Because our Courses offer LIVE SURGERY and LIVE PROSTHETICS, it is sometimes necessary to adjust our curriculum.